About:

Welcome

Howard's Life as a Film: Would that be a Good Idea?

edited January 2015 in Thoughts and Comments
Lately, I have noticed that there has been a trend in the cinematic business of creating biopics and docu-dramas. Permit me to round off a FEW of those that have been made in the last 15 years or so:

1. SAVING MR. BANKS (2013)- Follows P.L. Travers' fortnight-long briefing in 1961 Los Angeles as she is persuaded by Walt Disney in his attempts to obtain the screen rights to MARY POPPINS

2. J. EDGAR (2011)- Focuses on the career of FBI director J. Edgar Hoover from the Palmer Raids onwards

3. THE IRON LADY (2011)- A biopic centered around Margaret Thatcher, the first female Prime Minister of the U.K.

4. DE-LOVELY (2004)- Based on the life and career of Cole Porter, from his first meeting with Linda Lee Thomas until his death

5. I DREAMED OF AFRICA (2000)- Based on the book of the same title, focuses on Kuki Gallmann, an Italian writer who moved to Kenya and became involved in conservation work

This led me to thinking about the proposed biography about Howard. If it isn't to be published in book form, then what about a film? I recently came across a message board at the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) concerning the possibility of such a project being made: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0039141/board/nest/15372358?ref_=nm_bd_6

So, does anyone else like that idea? Does anyone see that kind of film being made?

Comments

• Thanks for the link to this site, Jordan, I hadn't seen it
  • @Sarah_Ashman You're quite welcome, my dear lady. So, after looking at it, do you support the idea for a biopic about Howard? Or is the tribute to him from WAKING SLEEPING BEAUTY and TREASURES UNTOLD: THE MAKING OF THE LITTLE MERMAID enough, in your opinion?