About:

Welcome

He wrote the music of my heart.

edited January 2012 in Thoughts and Comments
What a joy to find this site. Sarah - your brother... words cannot express my admiration and gratitude. I have always felt close to both Howard Ashman and Alan Menken; funny what beautiful music can do, especially when you grow up with it in your heart. I can remember getting the Little Mermaid soundtrack for Christmas when it first came out - I was 10 - and how thrilled I was. I was obsessed with the movie - the music, the animation. "Part of Your World" is my song. Both Howard and Alan were pictured on the cassette sleeve. I loved them both instantly. Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin also impacted my life in a huge way. I decided I was going to become an animator for Disney. Somehow I ended up in graphic design.

I had no idea what an impact Howard had on Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin until I watched 'Waking Sleeping Beauty.' What a lovely film, and tribute to Howard. I cried! Glen Keane is another hero of mine - the supervising animator for Ariel, Aladdin and the Beast.

I can remember being very sad when Howard died. I am very sorry for your loss.

<3 Julie

Comments