About:

Welcome

Help needed for a Little Shop doc!

edited April 21 in Theater
Hey guys, I'm working on a documentary on the development of Little Shop! I'm trying to raise $2000 (in a month) for research and I could really use your help with it.

With $2000, I'm trying to get script drafts (17 in total) and fragments, drawing, sketches, correspondence, outlines, and other documents pertaining to the development of the show. I'm also hoping to get materials for future videos on Alan Menken's unproduced "Honeymooners" adaptation, Howard Ashman's original treatment for Aladdin, and Disney's unproduced "Mary Poppins" sequel written by Brian Sibley and original Poppins author P.L. Travers.

You could also get exclusive access to a behind-the-scenes blog with posts about the development of the musical, as well as a companion guide with an in-depth look at the history of the original film and all of its incarnations.

This is a huge passion project for me and I would really love to do it right. Any and all help would be really appreciated, and if you can't donate, just sharing it is good enough.

More info on the campaign and how to donate can be found here: http://bit.ly/LittleShopResearch

Comments

• You don't understand how much I'd like to help, but I just bought the LSOH 1982 record, still you have my full support, and I'd be glad to help in anyway I can! (I do lots o' research for my wiki)
  • Just to be clear, this is not an "authorized" documentary. Justin has every right to go ahead with his project, but it is not something Howard's estate has any part of.
  • I have concept art of Audrey II by Mike Ploog, if it will help.